There are a number of obvious steps you can take to protect your
bank account from being accessed online by people other than yourself.
1. Use a bank which supplies an authentication device: this
generates a unique code everytime you login.
2. Install an anti-virus software and a firewall: keep them
up to date.
3. Run an anti-malware program to remove screen capture
4. Keep your Web browser up to date: some browsers, like
Internet Explorer, have had security flaws in the past.
5. Install Rapport, if it protects your specific bank.
6. Keep your login details in a secure place.
7. Keep your bank statement and other letters in a secure
8. Dont share your security question information with others:
mother's maiden name etc.
9. Banks dont send you emails asking for security information,
nor do they on the phone: these are phishing attempts and should